Oxycontin OP 30mg
$334.00 – $754.00
What is Oxycontin?
Oxycontin OP 30mg, is the brand name for marketing Oxycodone and is a pain medication prescribed for relieving severe ongoing pain, like one due to cancer. Oxycodone present in this medication is a part of the opioid/narcotic analgesic family of drugs. Oxycontin OC and Oxycontin OP are two variants of this drug available in the market.
Oxycontin is a powerful prescription medication used when an opioid is required for treating pain. This medication is prescribed when other non-opioid and immediate medications fail in improving the patient’s condition, and an opioid is needed. It is used when the pain is severe enough to require an opioid for around the clock, long term treatment of pain. Oxycontin is not meant for pain on an as-needed basis.
Furthermore, Oxycontin helps the patient by working inside their brain changing how they perceive and respond when brought in contact with pain.
Oxycontin Side Effects:
The common side effects of practicing Oxycontin are:
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- A decrease in the ability to feel pain
Agitation, difficulty waking up, severe abdominal pain, shallow breathing, unusual tiredness, hallucinations, and fainting are some serious Oxycontin side effects that require immediate medical assistance. Itching, rash, trouble breathing, swelling, and severe dizziness are some serious yet rare allergic reactions that need to be said to the doctor promptly.
Firstly, Oxycontin tablets are usually used every 12 hours and can be practiced with or without food, the way instructed by the doctor. Oxycontin dosage depends upon certain factors like the severity of pain, the patient’s medical condition, and also their response to treatment.
The dose of this drug should not be increased without consulting the doctor in case tolerance is developed. The usual initial dose of this drug is 10 mg, which the doctor could increase gradually.
The precautions for using Oxycontin are:
- A patient should not use Oxycontin if they have severe asthma or blockage in the stomach or intestines.
- This medication is not meant for children who are younger than 11 years of age.
- Patients of this drug need to inform the doctor about their medical history, especially if they are suffering from depression, head injury, tumor, sleep apnea, gallbladder disease, or kidney disease, etc.
- Oxycodone present in this medication could pass into breast milk and cause undesirable side effects in the baby. Thus ladies using this medicine should not breastfeed during the treatment.
- Patients might feel dizzy after using this drug; therefore, they should not drive or do work that requires attentiveness.
- Alcohol should not be use with Oxycontin, as mixing opioids and alcohol increases the chances of having serious respiratory complications, especially in elderly patients.
60 Pills, 120 Pills, 180 Pills, 240 Pills, 300 Pills